View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 12:36 AM   #1
JessicaV

Still severe afternoon fatigue daily after 4monthsTCH, 6months Herceptin only.

(Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, sorry if I got it wrong) I am really well in the mornings most days so long as I don't overdo it. But after 1pm the fatigue hits. I am sleepy for several days after 3wkly treatment, but the afternoon fatigue is ongoing. My oncologist is brilliant but she only sees me in the mornings when my fatigue is absent and says she sees no sign of chemobrain or fatigue. But I am still blown away most days as the fatigue knocks me down and drowns me early to mid-afternoon. I hate how little I get done each day, how I can only keep up with one thing out of the list of house, garden, finances, insurance battle, staying mellow, and then I lose hold of the one thing I was managing ok and then everything collapses into chaos and I can't see my way to return to work as a psychologist yet but the money is running low. I worry that it may mean I have brain or liver mets. I began with T2.2cm plus 6cm DCIS, N0,M0, ER-, PgR-, HER2+ in Jan 2014, had L Mastectomy 6days later and then began TCH a month after that. I know I am really lucky and getting good treatment, but when will this fatigue go away? What can I do to reduce it? What causes it? I thought once I went of Docetaxel and Carboplatin it would fade fast in a matter of weeks, but it hasn't. Any advice would be appreciated.
JessicaV is offline   Reply With Quote