View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
Vi Schorpp

Oh Marie

Depression is tough. I know that depression is anger turned inward, so I'm sure you know some of the sources of your anger -- your grandmother, life's unfairness, cancer, etc.

My maternal grandmother died at 92 two years back. Not a warm, fuzzy woman. Had her favorites, who ended up disappointing her throughout her life. I ended up going toe-to-toe with her a few times in her life -- not insubordination, but I never gave her permission to talk to me or my family members the way she did and I was having none of it. My mother couldn't seem to stand up to her, but I had no problem. Not rude, just in-kind language and my tone was the same as hers. Lo and behold, in the last two decades of her life she began to value my mom and her children. A little late, but it did come. Until that time, my mantra for here was lower your expectations, until I had no expectations for her.

Maybe you can talk to your doctor and get something to take the edge off life. It doesn't eliminate problems, just helps us get through them.

When you're really stressed, just know how much you mean to us on the board, and how you've supported everyone here. Get well, be well, and stay well.

Vi
Her2++, ER & PR++
RB Mastectomy, 4 AC,
Vi Schorpp is offline   Reply With Quote