Thread: BCIRG 006 Trial
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 02:47 AM   #10
KymAustralia

Hi Janelle,

Thank you so much.... I am so very glad that they finally saw the light and approved herceptin as a first line treatment !! I felt so fortunate that I was able to partake in the trial firstly and secondly that I was randomised into a group that got the herceptin, but I felt incredibly frustrated that other women in the same situation who did not have access to a trial were unable to access this life saving treatment.

I remember the help and encouragement I got from this site at the time and how I scoured the forums .... searching for those with a good result to help me focus on the postives. Thats why I always pop back now and again just to give a little encouragement to others who are in the same situation I was not so many years ago.

Its a scary journey but there IS life after her2 breast cancer diagnosis thanks in main to the real pioneers like Christine and the others who paved the way and encouraged the rest of us.

In Australia we finally got herceptin approved for first line treatment as well after much campaigning to politicians with rallys etc.

I pray you continue in good health and to show NED as I have done Janelle

Hugs

Kym
Her2 +++ Er pos
1 x Pos Node of 14
Entered BCIRG 006 Trial Jan '03
4 x AC 4 x Taxotere 30 Rads
1 year Herceptin
5 years Arimadex
Total hysterectomy (came out of chemopause) March '04
2012 - Still NED
KymAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote