View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 06:15 AM   #13
hermiracles

Well thanks folks for all your input and congratulations - sometimes I dont know wether to celebrate or not!!?? so its good to come here and get a reality check!!

Reading your story Courtney - it sounds a lot like mine - though 30 sure seems like such a young age sis - I hope you are getting heaps of support - its great that you have joined up here - the folks here are wonderful.

As for my own story with the brain mets - its all still a shock to me. After I got the news that I had brain mets - and was on my way to have WBR _ I was pretty down because I had just received one bad report after the other - nothing seemed to be working - including the Herceptin. So I was taken off the Herceptin and sent for WBR (whole brain radiation) and then started on Xeloda and Tycerb.

In Australia you cant be on Herceptin and Tycerb at the same time anyway.... so I really dont know which of these treatments WBR, Xeloda or Tycerb has bought about such good results?? I am continuing X & T (at reduced doses because of side-effects) and next week I'm having a full week of radiotherapy to my body 'spot welding' they call it hopefully to clear up any last remaining spots there!

I hope you get great results too Sis - we all so deserve it!! I do know the feeling of waiting, waiting to get some good news! Hope yours is coming soon.
Blessings all
Hermiracles
09/07 Stage 2 bilat. mastectomy R/ b. clear extens DCIS/IDC Paget’s 8 nodes clear ER(<5%) HER2+++ CT clear
11/07 Portacath - FEC
15/11/07 Stage 4 Emerg op - hip replacemt #NOF bone mets H/Taxotere
12/07 Rx to 'spots' on spine/R/hip/femur 3wkly H
2008 H+T mets to rib/sternum? Aredia CT clear! Cont. H + Aredia 07/08 1 wk Palliative Care - mets to lungs + ?1 to brain
09/08 Stop H complete Epirubicin 1wk PC new brain mets
10/08 2wks WBR 1wk PC 22/10/08 Tykerb/Xeloda 12/08 6 CEREBRAL METS COMPLETELY GONE! Rib mets down to <1cm.
01/09 Tumour markers normal! Rx to L/arm
03/09 LUNGS CLEAR (ALL NODULES GONE!), brain clear, liver clear. Bones stable! ~ THANK YOU GOD
07/09 Repeat CT Scan ~ ALL organs clear apart from bones which remain stable. I walk in gratitude.
hermiracles is offline   Reply With Quote