View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 03:09 PM   #11
Mgarr

Herceptin

When diagnosed in 12/04 at stage 2B I asked about Herceptin was told I would not get it it was only for metastatic patients. I was slated for dose dense 4 A/C 4 Taxol by the 2nd Taxol I had neuropathy, the last two doses were administered on a weekly basis at the same time Herceptin was approved and added to my final Taxol.

I continued to receive it for approx. a month on a weekly basis (w/ no decadron or benadryl) and then was switched to every 3 weeks. I did radiation while on Herceptin and then went off for 2 months due to lower MUGA score (not sure if that was really the case because they had new machine and lost first results then repeated test not enough nuclear med. left then did 3rd test next day)

Waited 4 weeks no Herceptin repeated test and MUGA was fine been on consistenly ever since. About 3 months ago I started having muscle pains & cramps in the legs & some weakness in leg muscles.

FYI I asked 2 different onc. about a 2nd year of Herceptin both of which said, not recommend because frankly we don't know what the long term effects are.

The only other med. I was on for about 2 yrs. was Allegra & Singular both of which I discontinued upon diagnosis. I have resumed both this month for sinusitis/rhinitus problems.

Mary
Mgarr is offline   Reply With Quote