View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 05:00 AM   #8
VirginiaGirl

I, too, have to confess I'm scared. I have a scan coming up Friday. My 9 year old daughter was diagnosed w/ insulin-dependent diabetes just 3 weeks ago, and it took us by surprise. I've had to do intensive learning about yet another chronic disease, but it's harder because it's her and not me. It's been very stressful, the daily management is stressful, and I'm worried about the effect on my cancer of all this stress. I've had a couple pains - just twice - similar to what I had before the cancer was almost all gone, and I haven't told my husband or family coz I don't want to worry them. I knew from my experience with this board to find one for diabetes, and that has been very helpful too, helpful carb-counting info none of the docs or nurses told us about, plus an avenue for my daughter to hook up with other kids w/ diabetes. One good thing about it is that I am eating better since I don't feel right eating things and at times she can't. Anyway, it finally occured to me to put my fears out here, maybe it would help. Thanks for listening.
alternative chemo 5/05-7/05, rad 8/05-10/05
7/06 dx mets to vertebrae, pelvis & chest lymph nodes
8/06 - 10/06 tamoxifen, herceptin, oophorectomy & zometa
11/06 PET/CT showed continued bone mets, new spot on liver
12/06 began taxotere/herceptin 1x/3 weeks,
2/07 - 2-08 NED!
3/08 progression, start taxol/herceptin weekly, monthly zometa
8/08 start ai & herceptin
12/08 - progression, start weekly navelbine/herceptin thru 6/09 & monthly zometa
7/09 - PET/CT showed improvement in spine, but 2-3 lymph nodes in chest became active
9/09 - 11/09 - weekly abraxane/herceptin
12/09 - PET/CT - chest lymph nodes resolved, progression in spine & pelvis
2/10 - 6/10 - start tykerb/xeloda, progession in spine & pelvis
7/10 - start taxotere/carboplatin/herceptin

VirginiaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote