View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #20
Pattymack

Re: End of my strength

I really appreciate all the kind words and support, it means a lot. It all doesn't seem to matter so much right now, my granddaughter that I referred to in my original post is in the battle of her short little life, and if I could lay down my life to make her healthy, I would in an instant. She has been diagnosed with hyperinsulinism, a very rare congenital condition that is kind of like the opposite of diabetes, but not exactly. She has been sent from here in central Illinois to Philadelphia, where the best doctors in the world for dealing with this condition are, and even they are unsure how to help her. Ultimately, they will have to remove 98% of her pancreas, she will have to live on a feeding tube pouring sugar into, while she slowly becomes diabetic and will have to take insulin. It will be a constant balancing act to weigh and count every morsel or drop that goes into her, praying that as an active baby, that she doesn't pull the feeding tube out, because her sugars plummet so fast, she goes into dangerous seizures. All the while, this precious baby has the most beautiful, angelic smile on her face, and absolutely charms every one who comes in contact with her. If you would like to look at her story, my daughter has it on "caringbridge.org", her name is Adalyn Renken. Please kepp her in your prayers.

Diagnosed 6/12 with kidney cancer and thyroid cancer
8/12 Had a partial nephrectomy
10/12 Had thyroid removed
6/14 Suspicious spots in mammogram, repeated, determined to need stereotactic biopsy
6/30/14 Biopsy done, came back positive
7/14/14 Second biopsy and MRI done
9/3/14 Lumpectomy done.
9/10/14 Path. back, margins not good, 2 unknown tumors were found, tumor is grade 3, ER+/PR+/Her2+++
9/15/14 Full Myriad genetic panel began
Pattymack is offline   Reply With Quote