Thread: First Haircut
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Chelee

Re: First Haircut

Lizbeth, I had long (just below the shoulders) very fine, thin straight hair before bc dx. (You couldn't get my hair to curl if you wanted too.)

Then after chemo it grew out so different. Instead of fine, thin, soft hair...it was course, super wavy and full of curls. (What a trip that was.) At first I didn't like it but then it kind of grew on me. (Pun intended.) lol I had what I called "wash & wear" hair. In & out of the shower and my hair fell into place...& out the door I went. I'd never been able to do that...I loved it.

But I did always wonder if the curls would ever leave and go back to my original hair prior to dx? And yes it did...slowly but surely the curls started to fade away and its back to normal....long, straight, fine and not one curl in it. It took almost 20 months before it went back to my orignal hair. So you can expect change over time. It's kind of fun to play with all the different hair styles along the way. I do agree with your hair dresser...your hair will come back thicker...mind sure did.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote