View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #14
Laurel

Re: Gerson Therapy: what is your experience with it?

Barbie,

A dear physician friend who is battling prostate cancer called me when he heard I was diagnosed with Her2+ BC. Like you I really questioned the need for such aggressive treatment. Chemo for such a small tumor? Are they nuts? He told me Her2 is deadly and hyper-aggressive, that it can grow like wildfire and waiting months is folly. His final advise was this, "hit it as HARD you can the first opportunity you get." He told me that I should never want it to return, because it is always more difficult to battle under those circumstances. I was very fortunate that mine was found early and not in my lymph nodes. As you can see from my signature I chose to fight it through all the conventional treatment, but what you do not see is that I have embraced alternative treatment as well with supplements.

I wish you good luck and my advise is NOT to wait, but to put your head down and walk the path that is before you. Do the chemo and Herceptin if that is what your Onc advises. The year is over before you know it and you will be glad you fought it with all you had at the first opportunity presented. If you don't and it spreads you will live with the "if only I had....."

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote