View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 03:08 PM   #18
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink ADRIANA - DO YOU GET EV 6 mnth ECHOs?

Been on Herceptin since '98. Got ev 6 mnth ECHOs to check EF (ejection fraction). Am doing really well so Pegram suggested at this point (as of Feb '06) I could go for ANNUAL Echo cardiograms. Taking Arginine 350 especially strengthens the heart. + I have started that along w/Co Enzyme Q10 -- 100 and B6- 50 , E400, Magnesium, Lysine and Phyto Formula (1 scoop in OJ), Flaxseed Oil 1000 + Omega 3,6&9, Grapeseed Extract 150-- all to boost heart function. I take C 1000 w/bioflavonoids + Green Tea capsules (or drink 3 cups a day to shrink tumors). Calcium of course. w/D400 _ D3 - 1000.Lysine 500. Magnesium 200. All this from NY Columbia Presb oncol/hematol who specializes in nutrition and supplements. An oncological expert in this field is a rare find. He is in to meditation, mind/body connection, holistic approach WITH traditional meds. TO ENHANCE benefits -- body, mind and SOUL. ADJUNCTIVE/IN ADDITION TO conventional, cutting edge approach.

Someone said Herceptin AND Tykerb????????????????????????? My understanding was if Herceptin does NOT work for you (and thank God it does for me -- Tykerb is the answer for those people). I don't understand doing both together. Went to conference on this last wk. That's how Dr. Charles Vogel explained the 2 drugs. As long as Herceptin is working, stay w/it, he says. Otherwise, you have the option of switching to Tykerb.

ALSO -- I READ A POST THAT HERCEPTIN ADDS WEIGHT. Well, that explains A LOT!! What's your experience? Please give me input on this. Been on Herceptin since '98 and NED. STABLE. I say THANK YOU GOD every single day without fail for this. But the added weight is interesting to me. More input please.

Sending loving happy energy to my soul sisters all, ANDI
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote