View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 07:20 AM   #4
Christine MH-UK

GSK decline to exercise its option in April

I doublechecked and found this article from the magazine Manufacturing Chemist from April 2005. As far as I can tell, it's the latest. The Investor's presentation from February doesn't even mention GSK.

http://www.manufacturing-chemist.inf...toryCode=33062

"GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has decided not to exercise a previously granted right to negotiate a licence agreement with Danish company Pharmexa for its HER-2 Protein AutoVac vaccine, which recently started Phase II trials in breast cancer. Pharmexa's strategy for the vaccine is to develop the product through phase II before a development and marketing partner is sought."

However, this article also makes clear that GSK will remain a possible partner for Pharmexa once the company has done the phase II trial using the vaccine combined with QS-21 in late 2006. I suspect that some of the problem may be that the first trial showed that Pharmexa's vaccine performed as well as herceptin, but maybe lapatinib has moved the goal posts a bit.

I wish I were more optimistic about when this one was going to see the light of day.
Christine MH-UK is offline   Reply With Quote