Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
Carolyns

Hi Joy,

I am glad that you took a mini vacation to Estes Park with your friends and that you had a good time. That is good medicine.

It has been very sad with Sandy's passing. We will all miss her smiling postings and words of encouragement...and just her radiant energy. I feel like we have all been really down about it...it is so hard.

I am glad to hear that you are doing well on the new treatment. I just got my first CA 15-3 report that has been down since going off of Gemzar.

History: Last year, 15 months ago, when I started at Stage 4 my 15-3 was at 200. Then after several treatments my lowest point was in Dec. 06 when CA 15-3 went to 12. Then I switched to Faslodex and continued with Herceptin and the markers started rising 10 points per month up to 59 last month in April. Scans were mostly good but had slight progression in bone mets. Switched to Herceptin and Tykerb May 9th. Now the results after 3 weeks of Herceptin / Tykerb markers down to 43 points. I figure things are going in the right direction and scans in 4 more weeks. My markers have always been extremely telling. So we keep a close watch. I have heard that others do not find the markers so reliable.

It was great to hear from you. Take care!

Carolyns
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote