View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #6
Sandy H

I am not sure how many know this as I just found out last month. There is a new prosthesis out! I can honestly, say they are wonderful!! They are lighter and yet are weighed. There is an insert in the inside of the prosthesis that is velcro it can be pulled off and put in frig. for 30 mins. It works with the heat from the chest wall to keep you cool. Its not like it sounds!! It is great for women having hot flashes. They are called climate control. I have recently, purchased(my insurance paid) one for each side as my right side was a MRM and left a simple. I was fitted with a larger size on the right to fill in the space left from surgery. I don't even need any extra fill!! There is a bra called made by amoena, called elegant contours #2149. Its on the internet (Amoena) if anyone is interested in seeing these. The bra is extra soft, a mircro fiber that breaths and feels so nice with wide padded straps. My skin is super sensitive and could never wear bras always wore cami's when going out (very hot in the summer) or nothing in the house. I was fitted by a professional and can honestly, say I feel like a new person and now, wear them every day all day. No riding up and moving around they actually, stay put. I learned about these at a support presentation. Just thought I would share this. hugs, Sandy
5 rads-skin mets
Herceptin, taxol, carboplatin (taxol seem to be the magic drug)
Navelbine & xeloda (did not work)
topical miltex for skin mets
Tykerb/xeloda
thoracentesis x 2 left lung fluid shows cancer cells
Port removal (4 years) with power port replacement
Doxil
Updated 05-07 Scans show no bone or organ involvement we shall see!

I shall not pass this way again. Any good I can do or any kindness that I can show let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote