View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 08:58 PM   #3
nat_hu

Smile Re: HER2+ Chemo treatment duration + Toxicity to Cancer Patients

True, but that is at the request of several groups that want to continue their 12 month treatment plan, and special authorization/permission must be made by the physician treating the patient in question (in other words, this puts the responsibility in the hands of the MO treating the patient & the patient themselves).

The preferable treatment plan is still the FinHER 9 -week concurrent docetaxel + Herceptin treatment plan for HER2+ early state breast cancer patients like myself, and because I am not at all comfortable with the increase in cardiotoxicity to my heart with the longer duration treatment.

Therefore, I am seeking this 9 week course treatment because I am comfortable with the efficacy and safety statistics I've obtained, read and followed, and will continue to follow.

EVERY CANCER PATIENT should make their own decision based on their own findings, and whatever they are comfortable with in the end.

For anyone interested in such technical details, 2 pdfs are attached for your reference.

All the Best In Your Journey To Recovery Too
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Herceptin questions and answers 7 August 2008.pdf (127.6 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by nat_hu; 04-17-2015 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: typing error + adding a phrae
nat_hu is offline   Reply With Quote