View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #27
Paula O

Re: Anybody have any jokes they can share?

Hi Lettik,

I'm glad you like the jokes. I'm hoping LOTS of folks will share more jokes, cartoons, and funny things here too that they come across or search for--I'd LOVE for many to contribute funny stuff to this thread (hint, hint! . Actually, I wasn't much of a joke teller before I had cancer--am the kind of gal that sometimes forgets punch lines and am more on the serious side naturally.

I was so shocked, sad, and overwhelmed about the cancer initially, I sure didn't "feel" like looking up funny stuff--it seemed trite to me actually. A friend who is a psychologist recc two very helpful things: that I find something funny daily and share it with somebody else and also that I do something enjoyable every day, even just a small thing when I was not feeling well. It's been really good for me to go out of my way to develop more of a sense of humor, laugh at myself more, and cultivate looking at the funny side of things. I've discovered that it's downright fun to offer something that causes others to smile or laugh-- it's sort of like sharing little gifts with others. It's sure worth giving a try IMHO if there are folks here who haven't tried seeking out humor daily. C'mon guys,if you haven't already, join me in posting funny stuff here! It doesn't take long at all to look up jokes and cartoons on the internet and they recycle very nicely.

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~ Mark Twain

Here's another joke I like:
4 Worms in Church
A minister decided that a visual demonstration would add emphasis to his Sunday sermon.

Four worms were placed into four separate jars.
The first worm was put into a container of alcohol.
The second worm was put into a container of cigarette smoke.
The third worm was put into a container of chocolate syrup.
The fourth worm was put into a container of good clean soil.
At the conclusion of the sermon, the Minister reported the following results:
The first worm in alcohol – Dead
The second worm in cigarette smoke – Dead
Third worm in chocolate syrup – Dead
Fourth worm in good clean soil – Alive .
So the Minister asked the congregation -
What did you learn from this demonstration?
Maxine was sitting in the back, quickly raised her hand and said,
‘As long as you drink, smoke, and eat chocolate, you won’t have worms!’
That pretty much ended the service.”
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote