View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
R.B.

Donna

The link says this "She also should not receive estradiol, of course. ". Do you maybe mean estroil ? One for your onc to answer maybe?

Hopeful

This is what the link says about arimidex. There are lots of different opinions. I have no idea what is right wrong best or otherwise, but you could always print the link out and take it along to see what your onc says.

" Certainly a person with an estrogen-receptor-positive tumor is at much higher risk with estradiol treatment than an estrogen-receptor-negative tumor. However, both types of tumors have an elevated risk of recurrence with estradiol treatment.

My thoughts are that a patient with a history of estrogen-receptor-positive tumor should DEFINITELY be on Arimidex for life! She also should not receive estradiol, of course. The other hormones (except DHEA) are fine. The downside for women at risk of breast cancer is that DHEA can convert to estrogen and has a stimulatory effect on breast cells, particularly when estrogen is low. Close watch on overall hormone balance levels is required, and testing is recommended every 6 months. In terms of estrogen receptor negative, I would say that Arimidex is probably not a must. "
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote