View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #20
Sheila

Arrow Re: HELP!!!!!! Pertuzumab denied by insurance! iN PANIC MODE AND DON'T KNOW THAT TO

So many of us long term stage IV's find ourselves in limbo once again....

When we were diagnosed back 8 or more years ago, we were early stage, and told we WERE NOT eligible for Herceptin..as it was only given to Stage IV ..the door was shut in our face.....and so we waited....and many of us recurred, and THEN we WERE eligible form Herceptin.

Now, they come out with a new miracle drug, Perjeta, for metastatic breast cancer.....and as our hopes rise , we are again told NO...we are NOT eligible...we are not newly diagnosed metastatic...basically for better words, we are to far down the metastatic road. Again, the door is slammed shut, no room for us who are the most desparate for this drug.

TOO EARLY.....TOO LATE.....WE are NOT asking for Super Bowl tickets, we are NOT asking for hot concert tickets....we are asking for our LIVES!!!! Seems to me we have been getting the short end of the stick from the beginning.....maybe, if we had gotten the Herceptin from the get go, we would not be begging for the Perjeta!

Those of us asking for help in getting this drug, have been your. Est customers for years...can you hear us....can you give us a break????

yes, I miraculously got approved through medical necessity.....basically this or Hospice....and my insurance relented and approved the drug ......but our lives should NOT be dictated by the damn insurance companies.....

many prayers being said that this will be available for all who need it....it's cheaper than Herceptin, if it's approved, it should be available!!! Stay strong Chris....I see Perjeta on your future..
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote