View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #8
KsGal

Re: Off to my first taxotere/carboplatin/herceptin infusion..

Hi Ladies...went to the chemo today. It took about four hours. Im having a false sense of security right now because I don't really have any side effects except I haven't really slept in two days any reasonable amount of time. Im sure that the steroids and the big bag of premeds are keeping everything in check right now. There was a really nice lady in the chair next to me who had been having a really bad time with nausea and vomiting on this regimen. I gave her the address to this website, because i figured there was no place better to get advice. But it also turned out that she had not been taking her antinausea medicine on a regular basis. They only gave me Zofran for nausea..not sure how good that is, but I plan on taking it as scheduled whether I feel like I need it or not. So...when the steroids wear off after tomorrow is when I should expect to not feel good from what I have read, right? I have my Neulasta shot tomorrow, so I am taking the Claritin as was suggested, and other than that just trying to drink a lot of fluids. I have Senokot on hand, but I don't think I want to take it until I have some sign of which way things are going to go in that area...Thank you all so much for all the advice. The idea of it was definitely more scary than the actual treatment, and other than not sleeping and having a slightly weird sensation in my mouth like I ate something too hot and scorced it Im doing good.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote