View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
Chelee

I heard from Vicki h & have an update.

I almost hate to pass this on with all the bad news we have had lately--but Vicki wrote me and also asked if I would please update you all as she is just not feeling up to it. She just got out of the hospital after being transfused with 3 units of blood. Her condition has rapidly gotten worse and her and Cap will be talking to Hospice next week. She apologizes for not posting but she has been in far too much pain. It's very difficult for her to sit up at the computer. She said Cap would have updated us but this goes without saying...he is deep in his own grief right now. (The rest below I copied and paste for you all.)

>>>Please don't worry about us,,,,,we love you all and pray for you everyday. I get teary eyed just thinking of all of you. I wish my news were better, I wish we had years ahead of us, but some of us don't and I have to accept that and hold tightly to my sisters and brother and God to carry me home
I love you all so very much,
Vickie<<<

I can't even express how sad this news is to me. It literally breaks my heart and I am in tears right now. I had so much hope that the TDM1 was going to do it for Vicki. She has fought long and hard and if anyone could do it I really believed she would get thru this. She has been such an inspriation to me and so many others here. Vicki said not to worry about them...I wish it was that easy. (Vicki if you see this, know I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.) Sending you and Cap all my love.

Chelee

Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote