View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
grandma2

sorry to report turbo, but i've had horrendous problems with these drugs. did go to er new years day and was just released yesterday. very frightening and difficult week. pancreatic tests were normal this time, liver and bilirubin very high. was jaundiced. so this time it wasn't pancreatitis, but after more testing turned out to be blocked bile duct so i was very sick. had a horrible procedure (without a general) to insert 2 stents in bile ducts with a drain. they removed 30 cc of bile. that night spiked 103 temp so they called in infect. dis. doc. then had trouble breathing and have partial collapsed lung on right side. they had to put a tube with the stents completely thru my liver and thread thru ducts to main duct. it wasn't pretty...horribly painful. next morning went back to be sure bile was draining and then removed the drain. finally home yesterday still in lots of pain but will be having visiting nurse for a while. so needless to say these 2 drugs are gone for good. onc said will have rads to the nodes in belly that have mets and then will try other chemo. i think she said avastin and taxol. not 100% on the avastin. this has been going on since early sept when i started these drugs. i know many are on xeloda without the problems i've had. as far as the combo, i don't think that many ladies are on both since herceptin is very effective. i certainly pray your experience will not only be effective but much much easier than mine has been. please feel free to send me any questions you might have, (that is if i haven't completely scared you off). my prayers are with you. grandma
grandma2 is offline   Reply With Quote