View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 09:05 AM   #21
AlaskaAngel

Re: Cognitive Rehabilitation

Liz, making progress takes getting more of us off our posteriors, voicing our concerns together and alone, but voicing them firmly and openly, to be taken seriously. This thread is a very good start, but it is just a start. I'd like to see more people make the effort to get involved, even if only to protect the next generation. Maybe they don't care that much.

One that still amazes me is how silent so many have been in taking the bull by its horns and raising cain about the loss of sexuality with treatment, as if it was "just part of the deal". At present, the medical system is encouraging 5 women to undertake treatment that usually affects most of them in such an intimate way, in order for just 1 to obtain any benefit. It is important to note that those who work in the medical profession AND are breast cancer patients seem to suffer in silence as well.

One other process that I believe might provide helpful information would be to have hormonal testing and/or inflammation testing once a year as a standard for every annual physical exam, we might just discover patterns that occur for those who later develop cancer.

A.A.
IDC 1.9 cm, some DCIS, Stage 1, Grade 3
Lumpectomy, CAFx6 (no blood boosters), IMRT rads, 1 3/4 yr tamoxifen
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
Trials: Early detection OVCA; 2004 low-dose testosterone for bc survivors
Diet: Primarily vegetarian organic; metformin (no diabetes), vitamin D3
Exercise: 7 days a week, 1 hr/day
No trastuzumab, no taxane, no AI
NED
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote