View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
jml

Thanks so much!Re: Radiation Pellets to treat liver mets?

Thanks so much for the kind, encouraging words.
And Rich, your support, resources and guidance are always invaluable.THANK YOU!

I don't believe I'm a candidate for RFA or cryo this time around because there are multiple clusters. I did have RFA back in Jan 05 when there was only a single met in the R lobe and NED everywhere else. It wasn't completely successful and I ended up having a R hepatectomy in Dec 05, that kept my liver NED until last November.
In reading the info in the link Rich provided above, I'm so encouraged to read "multiple sites of disease within the liver can be selectively irradiated in a single procedure..."
and also "studies found that the addition of systemic chemotherapy was effective in potentiating the efficacy of SIR-Spheres, as well as having an effect on extrahepatic disease, resulting in a significantly improved survival benefit"
So it sounds like our plan of continuing on the ixempra to clean up the rest of the belly nodes AND the SIR Spheres is exactly the combo we need.

Thank you again for the support and the information.
I've been so scared - feeling hopeless. And then so sad because my sister who's been staying with me for the past 3 weeks left to go home today. I'm still feeling uncertain about how I'm going to manage without her...how did manage to do it all before?

But this information has really brightened up my day.
I feel hopeful and confident that I can do this.
That I can beat the monster back again.
Knowledge is power, and I feel powerful again.

Thank you Thank you Thank You~

Jml
jml is offline   Reply With Quote