View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 03:12 PM   #15
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Thumbs down Kat in the delta

I did tell my Onc...when I told him my husband would not take me anywhere or let me sleep with him, HE immediately made me an apt with the only neurologist.
I went to the apt--45min. late,...I was trying to get a life history into 5 min....so he MUST have thought I was Manic.....so he gave me this med. to cut off the manic of a" bipolar disorder", which would turn me into Rip Van (?)....I have read some recent transcripts from telconferences and other med.articles---sent Them to my sister who printed copies for me-- One was a teleconference with a Dr. Glasper... know him?.....Anyway, he said to first check to see if you are anemic( I am not). Then he said he gives patients...a similar RX like Ritalin to help them focus on one thing at a time....
Today was distrastrous...couldn't find receipts, coupons to go with sister and mother out of town to shop & take things back...got very frustrated & upset with my state of confusion..... I couldn't go.
My sis. called back and said I just HAD to show that neuro. DR.or another MD. the articles she had printed out about chemobrain and the after effects of some treatments. She thinks I should try Ritalin or similar RX.
Then, my sons came in telling me to act normal and stop the writing-myself notes bit, saying I was finished with my treatments,& nothing was wrong with me now, and that I did NOT need to e-mail or be in any Cancer type Support group on the internet or anywhere because I did not have cancer, anymore ! The youngest,23, said he was breaking the computer...then they left.. They do not see the point of having a support group...even the one finishing Law School who is usually more sympathetic told me that I only I need to have a blood test every now and then...( My Onc does the CA 27 &29)
I could go on.. MY QUESTION TO ALL OF YOU IS:
HOW
can my sons understand that I need a support group, and the YOU help me ??? kat

Last edited by kat in the delta; 11-26-2006 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: left out
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote