View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
alicem

Thanks Joe -

I don't have a problem paying for travel, food, etc. Depending upon the schedule, I might even just make the trip back and forth for some of the days so I don't have to worry about the hotel costs which would be the biggest expense. Or my hubby might go with me and we could enjoy a mini-vacation in San Antonio.

I also don't mind paying the registration fee, as long as it is just the $65 for the patient advocate category. I'd rather let the 6 spots go for someone else who is already having to worry about the travel costs, etc. What got me was what it said about the patient advocate category on the registration site . . . "Must provide name of organization you are representing". I didn't know if I had to officially apply to represent this forum, (I can't think of anyone else that I would represent), or if you were limited to the # of PA's you could have representing you.

I would love to be of help in promoting the forum as a way to pay back all that the forum has done for me. It would also be great to learn firsthand about the newest research and trials. Not only that, I think it would be so much fun to actually meet a lot of you in person and get to spend quality time with everyone.

That is more my question, what do I need to do to become a patient advocate so that I only have to pay the $65 fee, and what do I need to do to represent the forum.

Thanks everyone! Right now with as hot as it has been in Texas, I am wishing it were December already . It is also the girl scout in me that gives me the urge to "Be Prepared"!
10/15/08 - Hysterectomy & Oophorectomy, Lumpectomy: Cyst on uterus, not ovary - all was benign. Breast - 5 of 6 bad margins. 2 Sentinel Lymph nodes removed, both negative. Stage 0, Tis, N0
12/11/08 - Mastectomy & DIEP reconstruction: Surprise! 2 cm Invasive DC, grade 2 found. One benign internal mammary lymph node. Stage 1, T1c, N0, all clean margins. ER+ (Proportion Score = 2/5, Intensity Score = 2/3) and PR+(Proportion Score = 3/5, Intensity Score = 2/3)
HER2 score = 3+
1/09/09 - Oncotype DX: Recurrence S/core of 60 !?!?! ER status is NEG!! PR staus is NEG! HER2 score = 12.2 (still positive, greater than 11.5 is positive).
1/20/09 - Started chemo: TCH
5/26/09 - FINISHED CHEMO!
1/05/10 - FINISHED HERCEPTIN!
1/22/10 - Port-a-catheter removed!
3/07/18 - Still NED
9/10/23 - Still NED
alicem is offline   Reply With Quote