View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 11:21 PM   #59
VDC

Re: I think I'm in trouble!

Ah, the biopsy that keeps on giving..... ;-)
Friday I had the surprise of my life! 10 days post MRI guided biopsy I was examining my poor breast in the mirror trying to determine just how large the lump from the biopsy really was....I ALWAYS have inflammation and lots of it from the biopsies. I was looking the current lump over and softly pushing on my breast when my breast EXPLODED! Really! I was stunned and didn't realize exactly what had happened at first. There was blood and blood clots all over the mirror, all over the counter, all over the faucet, all over everything! I just stood there stunned for a moment until I realized that all the blood was old blood and most likely from an undiagnosed hematoma that had just ruptured through my skin. I guess that biopsy created ANOTHER hematoma....shesh.

Since I am known for creating hematoma's they had kept me for over an hour after the biopsy checking on my breast and rechecking. There didn't seem to be any sign of a hematoma growing so I was sent home to the hotel. And for the first week afterwards, there didn't appear to be any lumps forming. But the last three days, there had been that lump.

This was the FIRST time I had allowed a clip to be placed. I have declined ALL the other 6 biopsy times. But I gave in this time. Keep in mind that my body ALWAYS reacts to foreign bodies.....even stitches cause a huge problem. So, I had refused a biopsy clip for six biopsies but gave in on the 7th. And I think my body just rejected that clip! With all the blood and blood clots all over the bathroom, I let me oncologist know what had happened. She wanted to do a mammogram to see if the clip was still there....I wouldn't let her. There is nothing we can do about it if it is or isn't there and it doesn't change anything so why expose my breast to MORE radiation? I tell you, you have to be your own advocate!

Anyway, there is nothing like the surprise of having your breast explode all over the mirror, sink, counter, clothes, everything....especially when you aren't expecting it!

You know? I think next time, I will decline the clip....... ;-)
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote