View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #32
Merry

Re: I'm Taking Care of My Mom

Cripes...I was watching CBS Sunday Morning and it was all about pets, mostly dogs. Americans donated 1.something to the Haitians for the earthquake they had, but spent something like 48 billion on their pets! There are something like 156 million pets in America so half of the country owns an animal, or I should say an animal owns them/us! I think that those mixed breed dogs are alot healthier than purebreds because they're interbred to keep the breed pure. Not as large a doggy gene pool, lol. We had mutts when I was growing up mostly. I only got into boxers because years ago a kid I knew was going to have to give his up, and Ty was about 6 months old so Mom and I took him in. He was just like that cartoon dog Marmaduke, which I don't know if you get in your lil' corner of the planet. Then when he went across the Rainbow Bridge, (here's a link if you've never heard of it) Mom took in a female boxer named Daisy who was so sweet but neurotic. Her previous owners got rid of her because she barked. WTH?? And she rarely barked unless someone came over, jeez. Some people should NEVER be allowed to own a dog!

This boxer she has now was a stray and he's got some serious mental issues. He bites but not out of anger, it's fear. I watch The Dog Whisperer, Cesar Milan and I've been using some of his techniques and it's helped. The boxer my husband and I have out West is a sweet and mellow girl and I am hoping and praying that Shooter and she will get along when the time comes for me to leave here and take him out to meet my husband and Sage. I'd hate to have to get my own apt just to keep Shooter alive....if he gets too mean I would have to have him put down. He bit my brother really bad when he was setting up an oxygen tank for Mom. Shooter is scared of the tanks, but he likes it when Mom will let him breathe some of it, lol. He is overly protective. But a good dog most of the time.
I can ramble on about dogs forever! There's a good reason that to spell the word dog backwards is God. Dogs are all about love and that is what God is, pure love.
Poor Mom...I saw her sitting out on the deck in the sun and she looked so faraway and alone....even with people around this dying is a road we have to take alone, and it just sucks. Trish, I wish that she would just fall asleep and not wake up. I horrify myself when I think that but it's going to happen anyway right? And it would be so much less painful for her. Her legs hurt and she is so short of breath when she just stands or walks from room to room. It's mostly expected but it's limiting the things she wants to do like just work in her flowers a little bit. I don't want her to just sit around staring at a tv set waiting to die, better to be outside in the Springtime air doing something she enjoys....I don't know what is right or wrong anymore. I can't think and I'm tired all the time. When I had cancer I wonder if she felt this way? But, mine was caught in time and it's been nearly 20 yrs since they removed my 'babymaker' and I guess God's plan was to make me better so I could be there for my Mom....lol Mysterious Ways!
Well time to make Mom some breakfast if she can eat. She had one of those granola bars and says it made her so full she feels like a stuffed turkey. lol It's all that fiber in those things.

Take care and thanks for sharing your time with me! OODLES of ODDLES!! LoLoL Peace, G http://www.cyberpog.com/popups/rainbowbridge.cfm
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote