Thread: I-SPY phase 2
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #6
'lizbeth

Re: I-SPY phase 2

Redwolf,

I did notice the I-SPY trial is based on Adriamycin, which is different than the TCH that your doctor had discussed with you.

I'm not a fan of AC-TH so I took the TOP2A genetic test back when reports popped up about using this test to see if Adriamycin would be effective. I opted for Taxotere and Herceptin. If I could redo it, I'd probably want Abraxane and Taxotere. I hated losing my hair with Taxotere. My oncologist opted for Taxotere over Paclitaxol as it gave her sister terrible neuropathy when she received treatment. I am a Less is More when it comes to chemotherapy. So it you are one of the Hit it Hard group on the board I won't be offended at all with a different opinion, lol.

I agree with Sandra that the best treatments are in clinical trials, the cutting edge. And from the Phase I there is alot of valuable information coming from the I-SPY study. Based on Phase I there already have a pretty good picture of how your cancer will react.

There are other opinions out there, so I hope the other ladies will pipe up.

Let us know what you decide.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote