View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 09:55 AM   #44
marymary

Poor eyesight in one eye

Hi, Marily:

One thing jumped off the page at me in your post. You mentioned poor, almost nonexistent eyesight in one eye only, other eye was fine. As you've had a lot of other small issues with your eyes it is probably nothing to worry about, however, I had a similar situation which I ignored for awhile and it turned out to be a small brain met. Actually it turned out there were two. I had gamma knife a year ago and continue to be NED so all's well that ends well.

I passed the symptoms off for awhile because it was transient, happened only in one eye, when lying down, when the moon was full (ha ha). If I jumped up and turned on a light I could see perfectly! It never happened in the daytime so it was really easy to forget all about it (what, me worry???). Finally I got up the nerve to mention it to my GP who referrred me to an excellent Neurologist. Unbeknownst to me, the Neurologist had studied Neurologic Oncology at Duke. She too was (seemingly) baffled by my symptom but did order a brain MRI et voila, two small mets.

Brain mets are easy to treat early on. I certainly hope that's not what's going on for you but it wouldn't hurt to take a little peek.

Mary
marymary is offline   Reply With Quote