View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #51
Paula O

Re: Fun Free Opportunities/resources for Breast Cancer patients

Here is a news report re: "You Can Thrive" in New York which provides free integrative services like reflexology, accupuncture, massage, etc to breast cancer patients undergoing treatment: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...lth&id=8994485
I have listed the link to the web site "You can Thrive" previously in this thread, so it can be found above if you're interested.

I met it's founder, a fellow breast cancer patient advocate at the Alamo breast cancer symposium in San Antonio in December. She has lost her donated space for the wellness center and volunteers are presently travelling to other temporary donated spaces at spas to provide these free services.

Hope those in the forum who live in the New York area can enjoy these services! Sounds great to me. When I was going through alternative medicine cancer treatment then chemo and radiation a dear friend blessed me by giving me massages 1-2 times per week, supplemented by my family's back and foot rubs. It's such a nurturing, relaxing stress reliever. I was so grateful to be the recipient of such loving gifts of encouragement. If you don't have a "You Can Thrive" in your neck of the woods or the means to pay for those kinds of sevices, perhaps a spouse, child, or friend may be willing to provide back and foot rubs for you or a gift certificate for a professional one. It makes a lovely birthday or get-well-soon present.

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote