View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
Mandamoo

Re: Tumor Profiling Lab Tests

Good discussion. I guess some of the interesting things coming from this are the access to phase 1 and 2 trial a for more obscure mutations. So far awareness of me having a tp53 mutation has meant nothing but I have read reports of new trials that may not be cancer type specific that will target such a mutation.
Mamcaze has learned that an mtor inhibitor is likely to ba a best course of action for her next if needed.
I have friends who have needlessly been given taxane based therapy when testing on recurrence has shown it was likely useless all along - cold something more effective have been used up front?

It is in its infancy yes. I am fortunate to be gaining information through donation of tissue to research trials so no cost but takes a long time and yes, to date has not yielded much in the way of fruitful treatment options. (I am currently waiting new results on lung tissue).
As someone for who herceptin has failed right from the start I have to keep looking for options and I hope such testing may be he way and in being part of it - maybe, just maybe I'll get somewhere? Would I pay for a Caris report - doubt it - dint think we would learn much for the - $7000 it costs just yet.
22 February 2011 - Diagnosed Early Breast Cancer IDBC Stage2b (ER/PR -ve, Her2+ve +++) - 38 years old
(L) skin sparing mastectomy with tissue expander, axilla clearance (2/14 affected) clear margins.
Fec*3, Taxotere and herceptin*2 - stopped due to secondary diagnosis

June 24 2011 Stage IV - Skin met, axilla node, multiple lung lesions

Bolero3 trial - Navelbine, Hereptin weekly, daily Everolimus/Placebo
February 2012 - July 2012 Tykerb and Xeloda - skin mets resolved, Lungs initially dramatically reduced but growing again
August 2012 (turn 40!) tykerb and herceptin (denied compassionate use of TDM1) while holidaying in Italy!
September 2012 - January 2013 TDM1 as part of the Th3resa trial - lymph nodes resolved, lungs slowly progressing.
January 2013 - herceptin, carboplatin and Perjeta (compassionate access)
April 2013 - Some progression in lungs and lymph nodes - Abraxane, Herceptin and Perjeta
July 2013 - mixed response - dramatic reduction of most lung disease, progression of smaller lung nodules and cervical and hilar nodes - ? Add avastin.
Mandamoo is offline   Reply With Quote