View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Lani

Re: Cyberknife for liver mets?

seemed to remember Esther going to Stanford for cyberknife of liver met(s)

used the search function above and found:
03-07-2008, 12:45 PM #1
Esther

Woohoo Cyberknife to the liver is over!!!
I was really sick and nauseated this morning and just hated to go in for my 5th and final cyberknife treatment for my liver. But guess what? As soon as it was over I perked right up, and was feeling fine. What a powerful tool your mind is, when I knew I was done, I just felt better.

We're packing up our stuff now and heading for Lake Tahoe, and in my new perky self is looking forward to a week-end of skiing, blackjack and 25 cent slots. Just the right treat to reward myself for going through the cyberknife.

I get to come right back to Stanford though....starting on Monday the 17th of March, I will have 3 treatments for the one bone met in my vertebrae, I always called it vertebrae, now Stanford is calling it in my "spine" go figure. Stanford has 12 MD's specializing in different areas of the body, so I saw an MD that will plan out my treatment plan to the bones, and because it is in my spine, I saws a neurosurgeon also, and did all the prep work yesterday. Saved me 2 trips here being able to take care of it all this week. Apparently if a blastic bone met presses against your spinal cord that is really bad, so blasting it with cyberknife should prevent that.

Have a great week-end everyone!

03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote