View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #28
Sandra in GA

Re: Walter Reed Vaccine trial

Elizabeth,
I went up to Winston-Salem last weekend and am now in the trial! I will be going back the week of April12th for the week long first visit with scratch tests and the injection. They had to redraw my blood because Mayo had tested me for HLA-B27 instead of HLA-A1. I am assuming I will still be HLA neg. because that is what the first test showed. However, the nurse said I may not be. She was uncertain if they were going to offer the boosters there, so I talked with your nurse at Fort Sam Houston and she assured me that all participants would receive the same treatments. She was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I kinda wish I had chosen that site. My husband is retired from the Navy, so I am familiar with military facilities. I chose the North Carolina site because it is the nearest. So I will begin there. I feel so lucky to participate in this as I know you do!

Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote