View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 02:18 AM   #3
Lien

Dear Shonda,

I am so sorry you have to go through this yet again. Ofcourse you are sad and upset. You did it before and it was no fun, but at least it was a new experience. Then you got your hair back and started to feal better. Now you have to go through everything again. You know what's ahead and you are perhaps afraid that your husband may feel the same way as you do. Am I right? But he is his own person, and he may look at it differently. My husband couldn't even look at my scar at first. He slept on the couch for weeks. But he got over it with time and he is so glad that I'm still here.

I am on hormonal tx. and my libido has totally vanished. This is very hard on my husband, but every time I suggest stopping therapy because it's affecting our marriage, he tells me to stay on it. Then he can accept what is for a while, until his hormones act up again. I make an effort, but it's not like it used to be.

What I'm trying to say, is that it can be very important to discuss your feelings with your husband. I'm pretty sure that losing your hair is tough on him too, but that he is glad you are still here. Talking about those feelings can really help the relationship become closer. If you find it hard to talk about these things, you may want to consider counselling.

You are young, you have 5 young children, nobody expects you to carry this burden all alone.

Hugs

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote