View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #20
jml

Eat to your heart's desire...whatever that may be!Re: Need to be able to...EAT!

KSGal~
Eat WHATEVER you want WHENEVER- you want.
I've lost 25 lbs since finishing WBR in February 2012. I've always said that Decadron or WBR destroyed the eating center of my brain.
I just don't eat. I just don't get hungry. And I don't respond to hunger cues the way one normally should. I've lost my sweet tooth and and I don't like cold food.
I keep Ensure on hand and try to remember to take 5-10 gulps of the dark chocolate flavor multiple times a day. But often I forget.
You have to do what works for you. Yes, I wish I craved higher quality food, but when I have a taste for something, I have to eat it - which usually means 4-5 bites before I tire of eating. And my appetite is so temperamental now that I often have multiple take-out containers of half eaten food that I never go back to. Believe me, the homeless folks that search the trashcans outside of my condo often find an assortment of spaghetti, chinese food, sandwhiches nicely packaged and bagged with an extra napkin & a small bottle of H20. Sometimes they reject my offerings and I do get a little offended, but try not to ;(
So if a large iced tea and hashbrowns works for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and if I can remember to eat that often, that is what I eat. Until the next urge hits.

Don't put more pressure on yourself! Just remember that you have to be well nourished to fight the good fight!

Keep the faith
Jml
jml is offline   Reply With Quote