View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
DianneS

Re: Do you get scans with your quarterly checks?

Catherine,

I just get bloodwork every 6 months. I have not had a scan yet, except for an ultrasound and mammo at time of dx. I guess I could have one if I asked too....but isn't there risk of problems from too many scans? Don't they use radio-isotopes/tracers? I had plenty of CT scans and MRI's in 05 and 06 for the brain aneurysm. My doc tells me that they are now finding that these can cause medical problems so they don't like to order them much. I understand what you're saying about aches and pains. Sometimes I get aches that make me wonder & send me into a panic. But - my doc said that if it's cancer it won't go away but tends to get worse. I don't know if that is true or not.

I, too, need more sleep and feel tired easily but I only finished Herceptin in 2009.

I also know that sitting at the computer (so easy to waste hours here!) can cause hip and back pain. Do you exercise much? If so, does the pain improve on exercising or get worse?

Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote