View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:51 AM   #22
margaret

Thanks for your post, Michele. It takes courage to speak from the heart of what's really happening in our lives. My breast cancer was a HUGE wakeup call for me. I saw clearly how unavailable my husband really was. I saw how miserable I really was in my marriage. I saw how I just kept trying to keep it together 'for the kids' sake or because I was too afraid to make such a big change.
As soon as I was strong enough after my last chemo treatment I left my husband. That was three years ago, and I am so grateful I got out when I did. The BIG lesson for me was that life's too short-----no matter how long you have! Live fully and richly and surround yourself with supportive loving people. I don't have time anymore for negative and draining people. Just say NO to people that don't support you. Everyone's born with beauty and light and should be surrounded by love not negative draining energy. I now have a supportive loving boyfriend and I'm happier and healthier than I've been in years. My children are also healthier and happier. Say YES to life and live it to the fullest with love and joy! Remember, this is it. It's the one life were given in this body. It's not a dress rehearsal. Have fun. Find your joy!
Margaret
margaret is offline   Reply With Quote