View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 06:16 AM   #4
Joe
Webmaster

I wish that you had spoken to me in San Antonio as I have been discussing a similar project for several months. I could have introduced you to others who recognize the collection of tissue and serum samples will provide a great deal of data which may lead to the eradication of HER positive cancer. There is also another reason why 2008 would be an opportune time to launce such a project.

As you are well aware, research projects require a great deal of funding and planning, both of which are beyond our scope and financing. I would have no problem with members launching such an initiative and will also offer to construct and host a website for that purpose.

You on the other hand would have to formally construct a study plan to submit along with Grant requests as such an project would require hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is ample funding available through Avon, Komen, Armstrong and other entities.

California has a great program which would partially fund such a study and the State of Texas has recently authorized a cancer research program.

The HER2 Support Group currently holds a very unique status with cancer researchers and enjoys an exceptional reputation. We would act as the sponsoring organization.

A first step might be to host a conference call with all interested parties.

Regards
Joe

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote