View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #12
Sandra in GA

Re: Taxotere Carboplatin Herceptin Side Effects

Yogi,
I did not lose any nails. They did become paper thin and would tear off easily. I also had ingrown toenails that became infected and caused me to see a podiatrist for treatment. I never had these before. My fingers swelled around the nail at the tip and became very red and swollen. They would also bleed when slightly bumped. The good news is that as soon as I finished my Herceptin and lapatinib, they began to improve and now my nails are stronger than ever. Just remember, this is just a side effect for the life saving treatments you are having. Keeping this perspective helped me. It also made me feel that I was getting the max treatment for me because my dosage of lapatinib had to be reduced from the norm.

Take care,
Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote