View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #43
gdpawel

Re: any tumor tests to predict which chemos work better?

Emelie

Thanks for bringing this up. It needs to be pointed out why ASCO had done this. Some have told me, "I never heard that ASCO had been knighted a regulatory agency."

What is it that ASCO was saying? Chemotherapy sensitivity and resistance assays (CSRAs) should not be used outside the confines of a clinical trial setting. The same people who maintain that assay-directed therapy should not be used until proven in prospective randomized clinical trials, are the same people whose entire careers are dependent upon mega-trials 100% funded by pharmaceutical companies (that, plus fees from speeches they give for these coompanies), are the same people who control the clinical trials system, the grant review study sections, and the journal editorial boards. Why else would they want this technology tested under the clinical trial setting?

I go into detail here: http://cancerfocus.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3442

Again, thanks for bringing this up. They whole story needs to be told. I agree with you about hoping things change soon so that patients don't have to continue with the shotgun method of choosing a treatment.

Greg
gdpawel is offline   Reply With Quote