View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #8
duckface

Smile

Hi Chrisy,

I've read quite a bit about my cancer(s). I have all of the operative reports and path reports from all of my surgeries. I work for a hospital too. When I was first diagnosed in 2006 by core needle biopsy the path read invasive lobular carcinoma. When I had my lumpectomy the path read invasive ductal carcinoma. I was always confused by that... The path report from my mastectomy last month was much more detailed, with my Nottingham score, etc. My sentinel node biopsies from both surgeries were negative.

I lost my hair two years ago with the adriamycin/cytoxan regime. I know it will grow back. It grew back curly, was totally ash gray in color, and SOO thick.

Everything I've read about Herceptin has been pretty impressive. Unfortunately, when I saw my oncologist last he actually had to come in early to see me as he was booked solid and his main objective was to set me up for chemo and not answer questions. I will have my list ready for when I see him next week, before my next chemo treatment.

Thanks Chrisy and all of you for being here. I did have genetic testing last fall after my brother was diagnosed with breast cancer and had positive nodes, but it came back negative. My dad's mother died of breast cancer when she was 46 and so did her sister.

I don't mean to be so down and out. I just don't have a lot of people to talk to. You guys really help. Thanks for sharing!!

Therese
duckface is offline   Reply With Quote