View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
Lien

Dear Brenda,

Oh yeah, been there, done that. While in active therapy, it feels as if you are at least doing something to drive the beast away. It is as if you have some control over it. When you stop doing something, anything, that's when the worries hit you. It happened to me too. And there was no Herceptin for me, because it wasn't available to me then. But here I am, 5 years, 4 months after diagnosis, even without Vit H I made it.

It will get better, trust me. This is one of the steps in the cancer experience doctors don't tell you about. That's unfortunate, because it happens to many of us. And it happens right at the time when everybody thinks you should be relieved and happy it's all behind you. Well, surprise! That's not how it feels. It's hard to explain to those who haven't been there. So here we are with open arms, to help you get through this as well. You've made it this far, and you will get through the next fase too.

Hugs

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote