Thread: any opinions?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 02:16 AM   #1
kathy

I just wanted everyone's opinion. I don't know if you'll remember but I posted about my recent CT scans. The leisons in my liver have doubled in size, the largest being 8cm. I've been on AC, Taxol, Navelbine and Herceptin, Taxatere Carboplatin and Herceptin, and now just Xeloda. The Navelbine and Herceptin worked for about 8 months. Nothing else is seeming to phase it. My doctor is trying to get me the GW016 drug but they won't have it until the middle or end of January. I really do like my onc and she is really up on the research and is very caring. She's at Methodist Breast Care Center in Houston, Texas. (medical center) I was talking to my boss and he thinks I need to get a second opinion. I went to MD Anderson about 8 months ago for a second opinion and did not like the doctor there at all. His bedside manner was terrible and no compassion at all. I guess I just wanted to know, do you think I should seek a second opinion given my circumstances. This last blow about my scans have really let the air out of my balloon. I just don't know what to do anymore.
Hugs,
kathy