View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 06:16 AM   #6
mommaS

Re: How fast can skin mets occur

Sounds like possible skin mets. Mine looked like acne as well and I could definitely feel the nodule underneath the skin.

My skin biospy results came back HER+, ER-, PR-. which was different then my primary cancer pathology. Doctor started me on Doxil and Cytoxin but after three months, cancer markers were going up and my breast had not changed visably.

S
can results this week were not good and I have mets all over the place. Inflammatory breast cancer seems to spread like a wildfire even though I was on a chemo that should have worked in addition to Herceptin. I am now on Xeloda with Tykerb likely to follow soon.

1/7/10 Diagnosed IBC while BF twins a pleomorphic infiltrating lobular carcinoma; 12x9 cm; ER+, PR+, HER-2/neu++; Ki-67 80%
1/25/10 MRI of brain/scan of bone neg-
1/27/10 PET Scan-hypermetabolism in left breast axillary; right mediastinal, left and right supraclavicular and internal mammary lymph nodes
1/29/10 Port Placement, started 24 weeks of chemotherapy with: Trastuzumab- Herceptin, Paclitaxel- Taxol, and Vinorebine- Navelbine
7/9/10 Finished 24th chemo treatment
7/15/10 PET/CT showed excellent response in nodes and breast; possible bone mets
7/16/10 Began Herceptin@ 3 wks and Zometa @6 wks plus Lupron and Femera
7/29/10 Diagnosed with HER+,ER-,PR- skin mets; started Doxil & Cytoxin; no response
11/5/10 PET/CT mets to bone, liver, lung, adrenal; started Xeloda
11/12/10 Brain MRI-Brain Mets, stopped Xeloda, started WBRT 11/16 and Tykerb on 11/19
12/6/10 completed 15 rounds WBRT
12/19/10 restarted Xeloda

mommaS is offline   Reply With Quote