View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #10
Mar16

Re: Radiation Advice?

Hello Ladies,
Hope you don't mind me joining this conversation. I finished my radiation about 3 weeks ago. It was not difficult at all. I mostly just got pink, I have pale skin, but did blister by my neck. We were hitting lymph nodes there and that was my tender spot. It was absolutely something I could live with but the girls in the office knew it looked very sore and asked the Dr. to prescribe me a cream. I was using an over the counter cream that I was told to use, but wasn't really helping. I did put neosporin (not the white cream one) on with a bandage over to help keep it moist, felt much better. But once I started to apply the prescribed cream it healed in just a few days.

Went for my follow up a few days ago and Dr. said my skin took it very well and healed very nicely. Hope your experience goes just as well if not better!

Also just want to comment on your hair, I think it looks great! I have always worn my hair short but not this short. I ended my T/C treatments on July 20 and my hair is really growing in. I can actually texturize it with a cream now. Just wish I could dye the grey. Dr said not yet.

Well take care and I know both of you will do great with your radiation! Mar
4/5/11 - Tax,Carbo, Herceptin started 1x every 3 weeks for 6 treatemnts and will continue Herceptin for 1 year

Mar16 is offline   Reply With Quote