View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #20
sarah

itching

Hello Tricia,
So sorry you're going through this. what drugs did they try to stop the itching? benadryl???
I had terrible itching with Taxol (not as bad as yours) but I ended up with open sores and they gave me cortisone cream - helped for a day, then was useless. Actually the only thing that calmed the itching was calamine lotion - something that no one thought to suggest! I still have scars on my arms where the sores were and I still suffer from periodic bouts of itching - think my skin may have become more sensitive, particularly to sunshine and water!!! I never tried the benadryl tablets but I did get the spray and that also helped me. Unfortunately the spray doesn't exist here and I have to ask friends to bring it in from the US for me.
I was also given an allergy pill "Aerius" which I think helped a little but really the benadryl spray and calamine lotion worked best for me. I lathered the calamine lotion on thickly!
I hope they find very soon a chemo that works well without such terrible side effects.
health and happiness
hugs and love
sarah