View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #14
Rolepaul

Re: don't remember if I posted this during ASCO--good results for her2 vaccine

Since Nina has not been considered NED until this coming week, she was not eligible for the vaccine. I am not one to take "No" easily so I will get her enrolled and let the forum know what needs to happen. I have access at a fairly high level with MD Anderson through means I prefer not to say. I was aware of the study, but was also aware of the requirements for inclusion.

As I say, I am just an engineer at a fairly low level in the pharmaceutical industry that has been involved with some good projects. This carries a fair amount of ability to push for a treatment plan and a fair amount of knowledge about how the drugs work. It can be a help and also let you know the chances of various outcomes. When you hear that there is 50% mortality within 6 weeks and 95% mortality within 12 weeks with the involvement seen, that can either scare you or motivate you. The later happened for Nina's case.

Nina's treatment results are going to be in a medical journal article within the next few months. Due to patient confidentiality, you will not know it is her. Based on the indication, treatment, and outcome it will be evident. I hope that one day, the method is routine. Right now it is not. I want that to change.
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote