View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 12:41 PM   #8
Lien

Re: "why did I get breast cancer" starting to be answered & it seems to be 80% bad lu

I guess we want control over our lives and health. That makes life less scary. I remember traveling in Peru and Equador, in 1983, where locals seemed indifferent to the dangers of diseases and accidents. I asked them about it and someone explained: "We believe we have two lives as we reincarnate once. Life is so much easier to handle if we assume this is our first life, and as we are poor now, our next life will probably be better."
It gave them so much peace of mind. For a long time I was able to adopt their perspective on life. And then I had kids. Suddenly my survival was so much more important. I found my cancer when my youngest was 3 years old. This discussion has made me aware of this shift in my perspective. I couldn't go back to my South American way of looking at life, because my kids still need me.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote