Thread: Bone Pain
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 02:54 AM   #8
Kmswilson

Re: Bone Pain

I'm fairly new at this, too, six months into treatment. I do have general overall bone aches with the treatment. I have bone mets in my spine and sacrum that are pretty heavy. Before diagnosis, I assumed it was my arthritis acting up for months. It was very specific to my lower back and totally different from the general bone aches. The day I got the news of the mets, in fact, I could barely sit at work, and I had to pace around. The pain was up there with having a kidney stone, and that thought actually crossed my mind, it was just in a different place than where I've had kidney stones! My scans show that I have a compression fracture in my spine from the cancer weakening the bones. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that my pain associated with the mets has been very, very specific and unlike general bone aches! My smaller mets in my rib, sternum, and upper arm I haven't really felt anything. Glad youve talked yourself back from the ledge! I hear you, I feel like I peer over the ledge with fear every time I feel something new! This sure is a bumpy, sucky ride we're on! Glad we have the support of this forum to help keep things in check!
12/27/10 - IDC, rt breast (approx. 15 cm), lymph nodes, age 36. 1/7/11 - stage 4 IDC, extensive liver mets, Bone mets (spine, sacrum, rib, sternum, upper arm), ER-/PR-, HER2+++; 1/12/11 - port, 1/17/11- startweekly Taxol/Herceptin, monthly Zometa
3/8/11- decrease in all tumors, bones healing. 3/11- 3 wks on/1 off Taxol/Herceptin, +Zometa
6/6/11 - decrease in all tumors, healing bones, 2-4 new liver lesions. 3 wks on/1 wk off Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin, +Zometa
7/29/11 - liver progression, others stable; 8/11-drop taxol/carbo, start Navelbine
12/11 - liver progression; begin AC, drop Herceptin;
1/12 - liver enzymes normal, 2/6 results show regression in liver, stable others, but 9 tiny brain mets (largest 7 mm). Begin 13 WBRs 2/6; 2/29-start Tykerb, 3/7, start Xeloda
5/2012- liver progression and regression, liver biopsy confirms HER2+++. drop Xeloda, start Herceptin, Tykerb, Zometa.
5/2012- brain MRI shows all lesions gone except 1, 2mm shrinking!
Kmswilson is offline   Reply With Quote