View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 06:59 AM   #5
aquinis2000

Hope and Faith

Dear Kim,
I'm sorry that it has taken so long to reply to your post, as God surely laid it on my heart to answer you right away.
I couldn't have put it any better than cheryl did, and want to stand with her in saying that my Hope, my strength and my ability to hang in there comes from my relationship with Jesus Christ. He promised us the Spirit to comfort us, and he has never let me down. I have found that devouring the bible has been uplifting and has changed my perspective on everything. I read that this earth is not my home, but that I am to look to heaven as my home, like I am a stranger here. I look at this life as a dress rehersal for the coming main attraction. Live each day to please the Lord, as if this is the last day I'll ever be here. Paul writes that we go through suffering, in part that we may learn to comfort others. He also tells us not to think it strange when we suffer. Its all part of the christian life. God never says we won't suffer, He only promises that He will never, never leave us. Kim, God is right there by your side, and your journey now has great purpose, even though you don't see the reason now. I find it strange that post after post, I see people saying "God bless" and "I'm praying for you", yet few have answered your plea for real life stories , as to why they say that. I'm sorry, as I'm sure like myself, people find it hard to put into words. I really know that there are many here, that live by the grace and strenghth of God each day.I'm sure everyone here has stuggled with the "why" is this happening to me, the "are you really there Lord"? questions. Even the apostle Paul wrote, "Lord help my unbelief". Read his Word for comfort, and find yourself a quiet little place to pray. He is there. He is with you.
aquinis2000 is offline   Reply With Quote