View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
Her2nSue

Unhappy Been put on hold w/herceptin

Hi All, I haven't been on in a while and my oncologist has put me on hold with Herceptin two cycles ago, and not so sure if and when I might be able to continue. I was supposed to be finished with Herceptin in February. Well, the old ticker is causing some problems. Had a CT scan, that looked good. Then had an eckocardiagram, which was reviewed and app't. with cardiologist was made. Saw him last week. He says my heart has some damage, just a little he says. Damage is damage to me. After I explained my symptoms that I've been feeling for several weeks now, shortness of breath, blood pressure had been bouncing all over from normal to real high until I was put on high blood pressure meds, my chest feels like I have a tight band wrapped around me, fatigue (but who on Herceptin doesn't feel fatigued?). The cardiologist gave me 2 EKG's during my app't. Now I have an app't to have a left heart cath. on Dec. 5th. Not looking forward to it. I'm nervous, and a bit afraid of what they might find. I already have a mitro valve prolapse and I'm just so concerned.

Has anyone else had this done? I'm not so sure that the oncologist wants to continue with the herceptin since I've been with for 9 months. Am I wrong for feeling cheated in not continuing herceptin after all this. There goes that security net we've talked about before. I know, heart over herceptin, inbetween a rock and a hard place. Please keep fingers crossed that all goes well on Dec. 5th. I'll keep you informed when I find out more. Thanks to everyone for crossed fingers and prayers.

Sue
Her2nSue is offline   Reply With Quote